Grilling is an activity that helps you bond with family, friends or groups and you can host amazing tailgate parties with high-quality tailgate grills for trucks. You can grill veggies, burgers, steaks, roasts or other food with great ease with a portable grill during tailgate parties.
It will be remarkable when you can roast some great food while camping beside a lake while kicking down tailgate with your friends in your truck. The grill required during a tailgate party is quite different from the one that you use in your backyard as tailgate grill for trucks are smaller in size and are more transportable.
- Best Tailgate Grills for Trucks
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Grill for a Tailgate Party:
- Additional Things to Bring During a Tailgate:
- Top 3 Best Tailgate Grills for Trucks
Best Tailgate Grills for Trucks
|#1. Party King Grills Swing ’n’ Smoke Grill||Read Review||Check Price|
|#2. StowAway Hitch Mount Grill for Tailgating||Read Review||Check Price|
|#3. RV Mounted BBQ Motorhome Gas Grill||Read Review||Check Price|
Tailgate grills are an amazing appliance to sit and have fun with your family and friends and enjoy great food, game, and bond together. All you have to do is make some delicious grilled food and enjoy your time with family and friends. Tailgating is an event that is becoming quite popular throughout the world and due to the increasing demand; there are numerous tailgate grills that have flooded the market.
If you are a fan of tailgate parties then you need to find the best tailgate grill that is perfect for hosting tailgate parties. Tailgating is enjoyed mostly by men in the parking areas of the stadiums before or after important game-events. Tailgating parties mostly take place during the football season in late summers and anyone can join the festivities if you have a truck and a tailgate grill.
Things to Consider When Choosing a Grill for a Tailgate Party:
- Size of the grill: though you will require a small grill than the standard size it should be big enough to cook food for two or more buddies during your tailgate parties. A tailgate grill needs to be compact so that it can fit easily in the back of your truck and should be lightweight and transportable. Large grills heat up at a slower rate and are difficult to move around, but small grills are easy to handle during transportation and have features that make it apt for road trips, camping or tailgating. The food gets cooked up quickly with medium sized surface area and you can serve it quickly to your buddies.
- Fuel type: Tailgate grills for trucks either use smoky charcoal for fuel or propane. A propane grill is however quite convenient to use due to numerous reasons. Gas grills are easy to set up and ignite and the stove heats up faster than charcoal ones so that you can cook food faster and efficiently. Gas grills are easier to clean and you will not have to shovel charcoal anymore.
- The surface area of the grill: grilling surface area needs to be wide enough to let you cook food for more people during tailgating at once. This will help you cook food in bulk as soon as possible and join the party fun later on. The more the surface area for grilling, the better it will be during parties.
- Portability: Tailgating grills must be easy to move around and must be portable so that they are suitable for tailgating inside trucks. If they have wheels, it will be better but they must come with a lock to stay of different types of terrains.
- Maintenance: The grill must be easy to clean after every tailgating party and must not require complex maintenance that takes up all your time and efforts. If the grill will be easy to clean then you will get more time to enjoy the party rather than worrying about the tedious job of cleaning after the party.
- Igniter and temperature control: Igniters are of two types in Grills, which are electric ignition or battery powered push button. Battery ones may require battery replacement regularly and may not work on low battery, the electronic ignition system is great. Temperature control can help you choose the heat for cooking and cook the food in the right manner. With proper heat control in different settings, you can cook the food in the right manner.
- Installation: A portable gas grill has a grill pan and a propane bottle and most of the grills are ready to use with sometime of setup. However, if the grill takes too long to set up and install then you must reconsider buying it.
- Accessories: make sure that the gas grill has extra accessories like an extra gas bottle; barbecue tools, grill plates, racks, and temperature control lids so that you don’t have to buy them separately.
Additional Things to Bring During a Tailgate:
Other things that you are essential to host a tailgate beside grill for trucks are as follows, so make sure to compile everything to start having great fun with your friends:
- Utensils: these are the most important things besides the food as without utensils, you will not be able to eat, serve or cook. However, you can also use recyclable plates and utensils and make sure to keep extra few so that you don’t run out of them.
- Food and Drinks: Do not forget to carry water, beverages, and drinks for the tailgate party as people usually forget them and then buy overpriced drinks on the way. Pack all the food and drinks in a leak-proof manner and carry double the amount of people so that you don’t run short of food and drinks while partying during the game.
- Trash bags: Trash bags are quite important for cleaning up after parties, so make sure to carry trash bags so that you can separate the trash and dispose of them wherever you see a dumpster.
Cleaning Your Tailgating Grill:
If you want your tailgate grill to be long-lasting and durable, then you need to make sure that it is cleaned instantly after every use. You can make use of grill cleaning supplies or use a dishwashing soap so that the grill is thoroughly clean. It is crucial to clean both insides as well as outsides of the grill and pat it dry completely before storing it away. If proper care of the tailgate trills is not taken then they might get ruined soon.
Top 3 Best Tailgate Grills for Trucks
This grill is specially designed for people that love tailgate parties and is a propane grill that is mounted on a spin arm that can be installed on a truck during a tailgate party. This grill is quite large and has an attachment so that it can also be used as a regular patio grill whenever required. Party King Varsity grill is crafted using stainless steel and is quite a versatile grill that can be attached to the truck or can be used as tabletop grill independently. The grill has a temperature gauge to adjust the temperature so that you can cook on the perfect heat during the parties. There are foldable side shelves that can help you while cooking and the top cover is also made out of stainless steel.
- Stainless steel body and hood
- Grilling temperature can be adjusted from 150-700 degree F
- BTUs can be adjusted with a control valve
- Can use as a table top grill
- The grilling surface is 11.25X 18.5 square inches
- It is a medium sized grill that is quite versatile
- Has to fold up side shelves with quick attach grill mounts
- Dimensions: 17x26x16 inches
- Weight: 82 pounds
- Heats up quickly and heating is even
- Good grilling space for tailgate parties
- It can be transported easily
- Swing arm makes it brilliant and versatile
- Powerful and sturdy
- Grilling capacity is less as compared to other grills
- Heating range is somewhat limited
Stowaway Hitch mount grill is a great grill station for tailgating, camping, fishing, or picnicking and it is a perfect griller for outdoors as it is safe, convenient and clean. While the grill can be mounted outside the truck, you have complete access to material inside the truck. The grill swings out to 90 degrees to move away from the heat from the vehicle and provides you with an amazing platform for tailgating. Hitch mountain grill station is ideal for tailgating parties and it has amazing features like cutting board, cargo rack and strong frame that swings out and locks at 90 degrees. It is ideal to use for SUVs, Vans, trucks or RVs and is completely portable appliance. The grill is remarkable and the swing-arm system makes it stand out as you can turn your truck into kitchen-on-demand as it is versatile to set up.
- Cutting board and large rack for cooler and gear
- Swingaway framework and rack with 10 years guarantee
- 240 sq inches of grilling area
- The grill is removable to be used as a tabletop
- The grill is portable for outdoor events
- The rack has 1325 sq inches of space
- 12,000 BTUs of power
- Easy to clean
- The arm can mount the grill to your truck and locks away at 90-degree angle and is sturdy enough to hold the weight
- Can be used as a tabletop grill too
- 240 square inches of grilling space
- Rack holds up to 200 lbs.
- The grill is manufactured in stainless steel or black finish and is easy to clean
- Little pricier as compared to other portable grills
RV mounted BBQ motorhome grill is a gas grill that is fantastic for tailgating and it has a temperature gauge so that the temperature can be adjusted according to the food. There is an extra shelf on the grill to rest the cooked meal on and there are brackets that help you mount it on the RV. The grill has a locking lid for easy storage and enhanced mobility. Now you can barbeque with your friends anywhere as this RV mountable BBQ is the best solution for tailgating. The grill is easy to set up and to put away and the hanging rack is an innovative addition to this grill, however, it can be used as a standalone and tabletop cooking station. Intended for use in RV, this grill has an LP gas system or you can use a 16 oz. propane cylinder.
- Has bracket that can help the grill to be mounted on side of RVs and trucks.
- It can also be used as a standalone grill
- Has the adjustable flame controller
- It has an upper grill deck
- Grilling surface of 214 square inches
- Unit dimensions 20x17x8 inches
- The hanging rack can be used as legs
- Has locking retainer pins to secure the bracket
- Dual locking lid for secure storage
- Has the adjustable flame controller
- It has an upper grill deck
- Grilling surface of 214 square inches
- It has a bracket to mount on the side of trailers and RV
- Grill has locking retainer pins to secure on the mounting bracket
- The hanging rack can be used as legs for side kick free-standing
- Dual locking lid for storing securely
- Since the grill stays outside while parking, it may be risky
- The odor of the food and fat drippings may get on the RV
You can choose grills depending on your requirements and tailgating needs and decide the one that suits you. Tailgate parties are amazing and having a good grill to cook food can make them greater. Gas grills for trucks can help you cook meals faster and in a tastier manner during tailgate parties and you can have great fun with your buddies during the party while cooking different types of foods from your truck. Choose the right grill that fits well in your truck and is transferable and enjoys cooking burgers, steaks, veggies, and other meats along with cool beverages in the parking of the stadium before or after the match.