Grilling in the comfort of your backyard is quite easy but if you plan to carry it for a camping trip on a beach or a picnic spot then portable grills can help a great deal. There are a great number of options available in the market and you need a perfect one to grill a perfect dinner while you are camping. A portable gas grill should be easy to transport and must be compact and lightweight but must have the quality to cook food that tastes good and cooks faster. If you love to host a Barbeque party or a camping ground feast then gas grill is a killer that helps you cook loads of food without any hassle.
- Top 5 Best Portable Gas Grills for Camping
- Benefits of a Portable Gas Grill:
- Features to Look for in a Portable Gas Grill:
- Best Portable Gas Grills for Camping
Top 5 Best Portable Gas Grills for Camping
|#1. Coleman RoadTrip LXE Portable Gas Grill||Read Review||Check Price|
|#2. Cuisinart CGG-180 Portable Gas Grill||Read Review||Check Price|
|#3. Weber 51080001 Q1200 Gas Grill||Read Review||Check Price|
|#4. Cuisinart CGG-180T Portable Gas Grill||Read Review||Check Price|
|#5. Cuisinart CGG-200B Outdoor Gas Grill||Read Review||Check Price|
A portable gas grill is a game changer and can work like a magic to provide fun and fresh meal that will keep everyone involved. Grilling is a very healthy choice as the flavor is much better and the food is healthier. You can bond with your family, group or friends while cooking. A portable grill can help you cook food while camping and you can experience great delight in grilling once you choose the right grill.
Benefits of a Portable Gas Grill:
- Ideal for camping: Portable gas grills can easily fit in bags or car boot and are easy to install. You can have fun while camping while you relish hot and fresh food.
- They are perfectly mobile: Portable gas grills can be moved around with ease due to their compact size and less weight. They can be folded up easily and can be moved efficiently.
- Perfect for small groups or a couple: If you have small groups for camping or are cooking only for one or two people then portable gas grills can help you cook small meals using less energy as they preserve fuel while cooking.
- Cost is quite less: Portable gas grills are less pricey than larger grills and last for a long time when used with care.
Features to Look for in a Portable Gas Grill:
- BTUs-British Thermal Units or the BTUs determine the output of gas that heats up your grill and the higher the number of BTUs, the hotter the temperature. BTU rating refers to the maximum heat output that is provided by a burner. The more the BTUs of the burner the better as your food will be cooked faster and in a better manner. However, with higher BTUs you will need more fuel, so you will require more gas.
- Grill temperature control knob: Portable gas grill is compact in size due to which it has only one knob for controlling temperature, so if your grill has two burners then buy a grill that has a dual temperature control so that both your burners can have different temperature zones while cooking.
- Surface area for cooking: Most of the portable gas grills have a surface area that is enough to cook food for 2-4 people but some have the capacity to cook for 6 people, so depending on the number of people in your group, you can choose the portable gas grill with the required surface area. A gas grill with more than 100 square inches is great for cooking as it will provide you with enough room to cook for 2-4 people.
- Type of burners: Burners made out of brass and stainless steel is some of the best ones as aluminum burners will burn out and cast iron burners may rust. It is best to buy a grill with burners that are corrosion resistant and have a long life and that quality can be found in brass and stainless steel.
- Ignition of portable gas grills: most of the grills have a spark ignition system which runs on a battery or makes use of the push button to ignite a spark. In case the starter fails at times, there is a manual ignition hole on the side which can be used to light the grill with matches.
- Quality of construction: Lightweight gas grill may have bad quality construction so you need to pay attention to the quality of construction of the grill as it should be sturdy enough to face travel and transportation through rough roads. Test for the stability from various angles and check the areas for sharp angles or edges. Best materials for gas grills are cast iron, stainless steel, enameled steel, or cast aluminum. However, the material used should be thicker or it will lose its look.
- Transportation features: Portable grill needs to be stored in the trunk or an RV and it should be safe and secure for traveling. A small sized grill that has the ability to lock in storage and is easy to transport is the best and it must fit with ease in the boot or trunk or your car, SUV or RV.
- Fuel tank: Most of the portable gas grills have small camping sized propane cylinders that are great to cook while camping. However, if you require a large amount of cooking to be done then buying a conversion kit will be better.
- Shelves with the grill: We highly recommend that you buy the grill that has shelves as it will be helpful when you are dry camping or tent camping. Make sure that the shelves are sturdy enough to hold some weight.
- Installation: A portable gas grill consists of a propane bottle and a grill pan with small parts. The parts must be easy to install so that the setup is quick and you can start cooking food within no time.
Best Portable Gas Grills for Camping
Here are top 5 best portable gas grills for camping:
If you are looking for an amazing camping experience then Coleman Propane Roadtrip Gas grill helps you cook food properly with heat control present in the setup. This grill has been specially designed for people who love to travel and enjoy cooking and eating fresh and tasty food. This gas grill has two burners with heat control and is quick to install and setup. This easy to clean gas grill collapses down to a compact unit that can fit easily in the trunk of car, SUV or RV.
- It has two burners with heat control so that you can cook two dishes at the same time
- It is easy to set up and install and collapses down into a compact unit to fit into an RV, SUV or the boot of your car.
- It can be cleaned easily with soap and water after cooking up the meal
- It has an instant start with great ignition system so no fuss about the newspaper, lighter fluid or charcoal.
- It has a lift and lock system for an easy setup
- It has durable cast iron grilling surface
- The gas grill has a power of 20,000 BTUs and a cooking surface of about 285 square inches
- It has two burners with two slides out trays to hold things
- You can cook both vegetarian food or non-veg at the same time on different burners
- No more uninteresting food during campouts as this easy to clean gas grill helps you cook burgers, steaks, grilled veggies, and other interesting foods.
- The unit is collapsible and lightweight yet sturdy and can be transferred easily.
- The grill is porcelain coated for better output
- Wheels are not locked which is why there is a risk of the grill slipping away
- You need to carry enough propane
This grill is all about portability and has several smart features so that it can be carried anywhere. It has a solid design and is quite sturdy. The setup is quite easy which takes only a few seconds and with legs that expand outwards and drop down when the unit is lifted. The materials used are lightweight which makes it easy to carry. It has a cast iron grill gate that supports in heavy grilling. Transporting and storing the gas grill is quite easy as it fits easily in the car and does not require much space.
Features of the grill:
- It had a durable and sturdy steel grill box with lid which is painted
- The grill has built-in ignition and a gas control knob
- The drip tray is present for catching grease and other liquids
- Grill gate of cast iron is coated with a porcelain enamel coating
- It can be used as both tabletop grill or free-standing grill
- It is quite easy to clean
- Dimensions: 16.5×11.25×33.5 inches
- Weight is about 17 lbs.
- Propane bottles of 14.1 oz. or 16.4 oz. can be used
- You will get 3 years warranty that applies to workmanship and defects
- The parts of the gas grill are made in high quality and the grill is quite sturdy.
- The size is perfect to cook for two
- It can be set up anywhere and at anytime
- East to set up and store due to its compact size
- The grill is light in weight so is easy to carry
- Can be used as a free-standing grill or as a table top
- It is easy to clean and has a drip tray
- Sometimes the lid pop opens while carrying around’
- Cooking surface is quite low as compared to other grills
- The handle can melt easily as it is made of plastic
Weber gas grill is a propane gas portable grill that is available in around 8 colors and has a great variety of accessories available. The grills are fabricated in high quality and its major components are rust-free. The grill box, lid, and grill grates are composed of cast aluminum and nylon reinforced with glass. It is easy to clean up and the cooking surface is made of heavy duty cast iron grates that have tough porcelain coating.
- One stainless steel burner with the power of 8500 BTU per hour
- The surface area of 189 square inch
- Porcelain-enameled cast-iron cooking grates
- Cast aluminum body and lid
- Easy to assemble and has dimensions of 15.5X40.9X16.5 inches
- Easy to start ignition
- You can use 14.1 or 16.4 oz. of LP cylinder to cook the food
- The cook box is highly durable, efficient, maintenance free and requires minimal care.
- There is proper circulation of heat around the food.
- This portable gas grill has sleek styling, great functionality, and high performance
- The grip handle is larger and the grill has control knobs, rear cradles, and sturdy front, fold-out side tables that are rigid and sturdy.
- It has a large built-in thermometer to monitor temperatures inside the grill.
- It is durable and lightweight and is constructed in cast-aluminum.
- Grills sometimes become hot even afterburner control settings
- Some issues may arise in lighting the grill
This grill is a compact and high-performance one that can be used anywhere with great convenience. Its cooking grate is quite large to cook family meals for a large group during camping. The grill uses very less gas as compared to large size grill and heats up quite quickly. Using the portability feature of Cuisinart Petit Gourmet you can cook meals while on the go as it has folding legs, sturdy carry handle and a drip tray that takes care of all the spills. The burner is crafted in stainless steel and has a power of 5500 BTUs. The grate is porcelain enameled for high quality and is resistant to sticking of food.
- Surface area is 145 square inches for grilling
- It has foldable legs
- Power of 5500 BTUs in the stainless steel burner
- Even heating with a porcelain enameled grate
- Can cook a large meal due to the large surface area
- Aluminum legs that has stabilizing feet
- Integrated lid lock to keep the lid secure
- Briefcase style carrying handle
- The unit weighs 13.5 pounds
- The grill is large enough to cook for numerous people
- The design is quite efficient so that you can make use of the entire cooking surface
- It can be easily carried in the trunk of the car
- It is fully assembled and ready for setup
- It can be used as the tabletop model or with legs for picnics or parties
- The lid can be latched firmly to carry the grill like a briefcase
- The grill does not get hot enough to sear meats or certain dishes
- Some people have faced burner and regulatory issues
Cuisinart CGG-200B is a portable propane gas grill that provides a maximum power of 12000 BTUs. Its burners are made of stainless steel and the grill has a twist-start ignition that gives an easy startup. There are folding slide shelves that are handy to carry equipment or other accessories that are required while grilling. The grill also has a temperature gauge that indicates the temperature at which the grill is working. It is crafted out of porcelain enamel coated cast iron that provides even distribution of heat and clean surface for cooking.
- Dimensions: 19 .8X27.8X12.8 inches
- Stainless steel burners
- 12000BTUs of heating power
- Even heating
- Folding shelves
- Temperature control
- Porcelain coating
- Drip tray
- 240 square inches of cooking surface
- 2 stainless steel tables fold out
- Piezoelectric ignition
- Weight is 35 pounds
- It is easy to transport due to its portable size and fits into most of the car boots
- It has two built-in handles so that it is easy to load and unload the grill
- It folds down to a compact size and can be set up for grilling within minutes
- It has a twist-start ignition system that requires only one hand turn
- It provides a maximum output in portable gas grills of 12000 BTUs
- Cost is more than other models
- Slide tables may slide and fall apart
Here are 5 grills that could be suitable for your camping adventure and every grill has different features so you need to choose a grill that is more versatile and has solutions as per your needs. You can have great fun with these amazing grills and cook delicious fresh meals that can help you bond with family and friends while camping