Out of many types of electric skillets available for buying, it can get a little difficult to figure out the best one. With the help of sections given below, you can find one of the best electric skillets, just like that.
- Best Electric Skillets 2021:-
- Top 10 Best Electric Skillet Reviews 2021
- #1. Presto 06857 Electric Skillet
- #2. Presto 06852 Electric Skillet
- #3. Elite Platinum EG-6203 Electric Skillet
- #4. Presto 06858 Slim line Skillet
- #5. Presto 06620 Electric Skillet
- #6. De’Longhi BG45 Electric Skillet
- #7. Presto 06626 Electric Skillet
- #8. Hamilton Beach Ceramic Skillet
- #9. Presto 06850 Electric Skillet
- #10. Cuisinart CSK-250WS Electric Skillet
- Best Electric Skillet Buyer’s Guide
Best Electric Skillets 2021:-
|#1. Presto 06857 Electric Skillet||Heat-Resistant Handle, Detachable Parts, Dishwasher Safe||Check Price|
|#2. Presto 06852 Electric Skillet||Heat Control Knob, Tempered Glass Cover, Heats Up Quickly||Check Price|
|#3. Elite Platinum EG-6203 Skillet||Non-Stick Surface, Tempered Glass, Fast Heating||Check Price|
|#4. Presto 06858 Slim line Skillet||Fully Immersible, Durable, Warp Proof, Heat Control||Check Price|
|#5. Presto 06620 Electric Skillet||Heat Control Master, Versatile & Compact Design||Check Price|
|#6. De’Longhi BG45 Electric Skillet||Strong Heating Element, Sophisticated & Durable Design||Check Price|
|#7. Presto 06626 Electric Skillet||Temperature Control, Inexpensive, Compact||Check Price|
|#8. Hamilton Beach Ceramic Skillet||Adjustable Temperature Controls, Multi-Functional, Portable Design||Check Price|
|#9. Presto 06850 Electric Skillet||Control Master Heat Control, Versatile, Easy Cleaning||Check Price|
|#10. Cuisinart CSK-250WS Skillet||Adjustable Heat Control, Stainless Steel Handles, Dishwasher Safe||Check Price|
If you are planning to purchase an electric skillet, you must make sure to look into the features being offered by the models available in the market. This will help you take an informed decision. Most of the skillets have been designed to manage temperatures from 175ºF to 400ºF.
The most commonly used material while designing skillets is aluminum which is coated with Teflon. The only problem with using metal utensils is that the Teflon coating wears away with regular use. Each skillet has some or the other unique feature that sets it apart from the rest. You need to identify the feature and understand if it is any good for you.
You must always focus on the performance and size while looking for a skillet. You must avoid models that fail to maintain consistent temperature. We have studied different models of electric skillets including buyer reviews to come up with this guide.
Top 10 Best Electric Skillet Reviews 2021
These detailed electric skillet reviews will help you in gaining a better understanding of how versatile different models of electric skillets are as well as their performance record.
This is one of the most popular models of electric skillets that you can find in the market today. This skillet has a base length of 15cm. The side walls are quite high and carefully designed. You can cook meals easily in this skillet and you can also use it as a frying pan.
The greatest advantage of Presto 06857 skillet is its size which is enough to serve a large family comfortably. You can cook simple dishes, prepare chips, pastries, roasts and stews using this electric skillet. The tempered glass lid permits you to check whether the food is ready or not.
The best thing about Presto 06857 skillet is that it features a heat resistant handle. This implies that you can touch it without suffering any burns even while not using an oven glove. The bottom of the skillet is covered with non-stick, thick cast aluminum. It is more energy efficient and features an outlet rube that also doubles as a ladle holder.
Presto 06857 skillet is dishwasher safe. The handles and cooking plate in this design can be separated without any hassles for easy storage. The versatile design permits the users to roast and bake cakes with this skillet. It can even be used as a casserole.
- Dishwasher safe
- Features heat-resistant handle
- Comes with detachable parts
- Comes with a spatula holder
- Features a die-cast, non-stick aluminum base
- Versatile and smart skillet which can be used to bake cakes, roast, toast and cook any kind of dish or snack
- The pan is deep and spacious which makes it convenient for sautéing, stirring and cooking
- The wide base permits frying
- Built-in spout renders it ideal for pouring liquids
- Detachable handles ensure easy storage
- Easy to clean
- Energy efficient skillet
- Side ventilation in the design ensures that the steam and moisture can escape easily
- There have been occasional complaints about the skillet making rattling noise
- Nonstick coating damages after years of use
This is one of the must have appliances because of its multipurpose applications. This skillet is extremely versatile and can be used for braising, baking, griddling and roasting. The best thing about this skillet is that it is easy to maintain and clean.
This skillet can prove to be extremely beneficial when you want to serve food in buffet style directly from the skillet. This skillet features a non-stick coating and is made from heavy-cast aluminum. You can place this skillet in a dishwasher for easy cleaning or can also wash it by hand.
You can craft your favorite delicacies and other culinary delights such as hamburgers, fish fillets and sandwiches using this electric skillet.
- Wide cooking area of 16 inches
- Features a tempered glass cover and a control knob for heat control
- Is dish-washer safe
- Doubles as a buffet server
- Comes with a limited 1-year warranty
- Can be used for frying, grilling, baking, cooking as well as for roasting
- Offers accurate temperature control
- Heats up quickly
- Easy to clean and maintain
- Avoid soaking the skillet in water for long hours
- The handle needs to be lightened from time to time
- The nonstick coating peels over time
The Elite Platinum electric skillet permits you to sauté, braise, simmer, fry and cook on a non-stick surface. The pan is of jumbo size and is ideal for cooking a meal for a large family. You can make a variety of meals in just a single pan. This electric skillet has been designed with heavy-duty marble and features a stone finish.
Elite Platinum EG-6203 is durable and features superior embedded heating elements. These provide consistent and quick heating for different cooking modes. Both the lid and the skillet are dishwasher safe. This design is one of the most convenient and versatile appliances you can add to your kitchen. You can sear meats and craft different delicacies in this electric skillet.
This deep electric skillet comes with a glass lid that offers protection against splatters while cooking. The temperature can be varied with the knob in the range of 200ºF to 400ºF. The cool touch knobs and handles ensure that you touch the skillet while cooking. This skillet is backed by manufacturer’s guarantee of 1 year.
- The tempered glass lid locks in flavors and moisture
- Easy-pour spout permit your to drain off any excess juice
- Even and faster heating owing to the use of M-shaped heating element
- Easy clean-up
- Comes with a spout to drain excess juices
- Serves as a serving dish apart from being a skillet
- Large enough to cook for the entire family
- Non-stick surface ensures easy clean up
- Tall sides ensure that this skillet is spatter deterrent
- Both lid and skillet are dishwasher safe
- Heats food evenly
- Skillet consumes a lot of counter space because of its large size
- Not ideal for a person looking to cook a meal for two
This skillet is ideal for baking, roasting, frying, grilling and for making stews. This electric skillet features a tempered glass cover with a sophisticated design. The inside coating is nonstick. The low profile design makes it ideal for serving delicacies in buffet style.
This 16 inch pan features high sidewalls which make it ideal for serving and cooking. Made from heavy cast aluminum this skillet is virtually warp-proof. This appliance is fully immersible when the heat control feature has been removed. This renders it easy to clean. The heat control knob feature helps in maintaining the desired temperature. Transparent glass cover ensures that you can keep a tab on the contents being cooked.
You can bake, stew, grill, fry, roast and make one-dish meals in this electric skillet in a convenient manner.
- Tempered glass cover
- Fully immersible
- Is dishwasher safe
- Feature low profile design
- Made from heavy cast aluminum which renders it durable
- Tempered glass cover ensure clear visibility of the contents being cooked
- Control master heat control for maintaining desired temperature
- 16 inch design ensures a larger cooking capacity
- More efficient than an over or a range burner
- Is Warp proof
- Features a nonstick surface
- Nonstick coating peels off with regular usage
Although the Presto 06620 doesn’t match the 06852 electric skillet in size, it does have loads to offer its users. It is ideal for cooking food for two or more people. This small unit can be fit easily in any kitchen and is ideal for those looking for compact appliances. Cleaning this appliance is quite easy as it is submersible once you remove the heating plug.
The Presto 06620 can be cleaned easily in a dishwasher. This appliance is quite cheap and can be used for baking, grilling, roasting, frying and a lot more. This versatile kitchen device certainly makes a great addition to any kitchen. It can also accommodate poultry, hams and large roasts without warping or peeling away. It features diamond coat deluxe finish inside out.
- Built as per North American electrical standards
- Deluxe nonstick coating ensures easy cleaning and cooking
- Innovative design and coating ensures that this skillet does not bend, peel, warp or dent
- Can be used for baking, frying, roasting and making casserole
- Control Master heat ensures that proper cooking temperature is maintained
- Ensures even heating throughout
- Versatile design permits you to fry, bake, braise and roast
- Compact design can be stored quite conveniently in small kitchens
- Inexpensive electric skillet model
- Nonstick coating peels off easily
The De’Longhi electric skillet ensures that you craft sumptuous meals in no time. This electric skillet unit permits you to make thoroughly cooked delicacies all the time. The strong heating element and solid construction ensures even heating. The tempered glass lid ensures that you can monitor the food without having to lift the lid. This serves an additional purpose as well. It helps in locking the juice as well as flavors for imparting delicious taste to your delicacies.
The impressive feature about this electric skillet is that it comes with an adjustable thermostat that permits the users to cook their recipes to perfection. Moreover, cleaning wouldn’t prove to be a hassle while using this electric skillet because of its non-stick base. The lid is dishwasher safe. The extra-large cooking surface of this electric skillet renders it ideal for use while hosting parties.
- Designed with a strong heating element to ensure efficient and even cooking
- Features die-cast aluminum body
- Durable design and attains even distribution of heat
- Features steam vent holes
- Dishwasher safe lid
- Sophisticated design makes it a perfect addition to contemporary kitchens
- Sturdy construction
- Clear lid permits you to check the contents being cooked
- Non-stick coating ensures less consumption of oil
- Longer handle would have rendered this design more desirable
The Presto 11-inch electric skillet features a nonstick surface for cooking. It is easy to clean and requires less butter or oil while cooking. The Control Master knob helps in maintaining temperatures between 175ºF to 400ºF. The stay-cool handles make sure that you do not end up burning your hands while cooking.
This 11-inch skillet comes with a hard plastic lid that ensures that the food is cooked well by the steam. This skillet can make a meal for up to four people. However, as per the reviews from the buyers, this skillet is ideal for cooking a meal for two. This appliance heats up quickly and is ideal for small families because of the compact size.
The Presto 06626 is affordable, user-friendly, versatile, cost-effective and heavy duty. The deep lid enhances the cooking area especially when you are dealing with chickens in your recipe. This electric skillet model is versatile and can be used for steaming, broiling, slow cooking, grilling as well as frying. You get a precise control over the temperature while using this skillet.
- Versatile in design
- Accuracy in controlling temperature while cooking
- Compact design
- Nonstick coating peels off with regular use
If you want to reap the benefits of quick and even heating, then you must consider adding the Hamilton Beach Ceramic Skillet to your collection. The professional design of this skillet permits you to manage a lot of tasks in the kitchen including braising, frying, simmering and sautéing.
The best thing about the Hamilton Beach Ceramic Skillet is that it comes with PTFE and PFOA free ceramic coating which ensures that you are safe while using this appliance for crafting your favorite dishes. It also ensures a superior performance over time. The large cooking surface allows you to cook different dishes using this skillet.
Another positive aspect of the Hamilton Beach Ceramic Skillet is that it is easy to clean. The portable design permits you to use in anywhere you desire including for serving. The integrated temperature control feature imparts flexibility to your cooking options. The pan is three inches deep and hence can be used for different purposes while cooking.
- Multifunctional design
- Adjustable temperature controls
- Is dishwasher safe
- Removable pan permits you to use it for serving as well
- Easy to clean
- Portable design
- PFOA and PTFE free
- Helps in saving energy
- Ceramic nonstick coating renders the design durable
- Uniquely designed to transform a skillet into a dish server
- Wide range of heating options
- The model is a bit heavier
- Temperature tends to fluctuate resulting in uneven cooking
The performance and versatility of this electric skillet matches with other models offered by the manufacturer. The innovative plastic Evernu cover renders the design truly unique. The 16 inch diameter makes this electric skillet suitable for large families. The larger diameter also implies quick heat distribution.
The nonstick coating makes sure that the device is user friendly not just while cooking but also during cleaning. This electric skillet can also be cleaned in a dishwasher. This skillet is ideal for baking, stewing, grilling, frying and roasting. It can also be used for making one-dish meals. The Evernu cover wouldn’t bend, peel, warp or dent during usage.
- Features heavy cast-aluminum base
- Ideal for making casseroles, for baking, grilling, frying and roasting
- Features Control Master Heat control for ensuring accurate temperature cooking
- Built as per North American Electrical Standards
- Can easily cook meals for up to 12 people
- Easy cleaning
- Inexpensive electric skillet
- Versatile cooking appliance
- No vent on the cover
Cuisinart CSK-250WS features a premium nonstick interior and is not coated with PFOA or PTFE. This smart electric skillets lets you braise, simmer, griddle, fry and sear with no or little butter or oil. The best thing is that it can be cleaned up in no time.
- Product has been built as per North American Electrical Standards
- Adjustable heat control
- Dishwasher safe as the probe can be removed
- Comes with a recipe booklet
- Features die-cast stainless steel handles
- Comes with tempered glass lid
- Features nonstick interiors
- Easy to clean
- 14-inch cooking surface renders it ideal for baking, grilling, frying, braising and a lot more
- Ensures even distribution of heat
- Maintains a steady simmer
- Lids can become too hot while using on a stove top
- Stains develop over regular use and have to be cleaned with an abrasive cleaner
Electric Skillets have been known to be very easy to use and cook generous amounts of food with easiness and comfort. The best thing about these electric skillets is that they tend to distribute the heat evenly all over the skillet base area. Hot and cold spots on the stovetop burners are generally an issue while cooking pancakes and other precision demanding food items.
But with the use of electric skillets, this problem has been widely eliminated. An electric skillet cooks pancakes brilliantly. These electric skillets are best suited for stir-frying and sautéing. For deep frying, too, these electric skillets prove to be really useful. Most of these electric skillets double as buffet servers because of their easy cool-off handles.
There are many different designs, sizes and shapes to choose from. If you would be using it at your dorm room or office for occasional cooking, then a smaller design and shape would might as well work for you. However, for everyday home uses, you might need to go for a bigger skillet base. Considering the amount of cooking you might be doing, the right kind of electric skillet must be chosen.
Most of these electric skillets are dishwasher safe. All you need to go is wipe up the skillet base and lid with a cloth and put it in the dishwasher and it will be cleaned. It’s easy to clean properties does make it very easy to use and maintain. Also, because of their non-stick cooking surface, cooking food conveniently without worrying about it sticking to the surface is possible too.
Best Electric Skillet Buyer’s Guide
Electric Skillet has been around in people’s kitchen for quite a while now. As is clear from the name, it uses electricity for its operation. An electric skillet can be used for heating or preparing food that require certain fixed temperatures. It is mainly used to stir fry and certain types of cooking like making pancakes. It is a simple appliance that just require an electricity connection. To further explain, we have written a full guide that will not only help you understand the appliance, but will help you choose one of the best electric skillets.
What is an Electric Skillet?
An electric skillet can be simply seen as a pan which is plugged into a power outlet. Instead of placing the pan on the burner stove, an electric base is used here. An electric skillet comes in different shapes and sizes. You can go for a round shaped electric skillet or a square shaped electric skillet if you need a larger cooking area.
Usually an electric skillet comes with a non-stick coating on the pan and is open to temperature control. Different sizes of electric skillet can be browsed before finalising your ideal one.
Top 5 Reasons Why You Need to Buy an Electric Skillet
Using an electric skillet is very easy. Not only does an electric skillet offers you a better control over cooking, but it lets you strike with precision because of all the advantages it holds in the area of cooking. Following mentioned are the top five reasons as to why you need to buy an electric skillet for your cooking.
- Temperature stability: An electric skillet lets you set the temperature to your desired figure. But unlike a cooktop burner that may get unstable on maintaining the same temperature throughout, an electric skillet offers complete temperature stability. The temperature set is maintained and is not varied during cooking.
- Larger cooking area:While some electric skillets may be available in smaller sizes, a typical electric skillet is big enough to offer you a large and ample surface area for cooking. This is best for use in large families and lets you cook large amounts of food at once. You can cook about 6-7 pancakes at once.
- Even heating:One of the pesky problems we face with the stove burners is that they introduce a hot spot on the pan and does not offer an even heating all over the pan surface. But with an electric skillet, the heat is evenly distributed over the complete pan surface area and maintains the same temperature throughout as mentioned above.
- Less energy consumption:If we come to compare the electric skillet and the traditional stovetop burners, it is noted that the energy consumption while cooking food is much less in the electric skillet. They normally operate on electricity and offer great temperature control which cooks food faster and easier. The electricity acquired is reasonable and overall energy used in much less.
- No heating up of kitchen: One annoying problem that we face with the stovetop burner is that they heat up all of the kitchen, which is hard to deal with in summers. But an electric skillet does not heat up your kitchen or your surroundings in any way. It’s all in the unit and no extra heat is emitted out while cooking or heating food.
Factors to Consider Before Buying an Electric Skillet
Before buying the final electric skillet, you need to take in consideration the following mentioned points to choose the best one.
- Size: This can be seen as one of the basic feature you need to look for before buying the final electric skillet. All kinds of sizes in electric skillets, from small to jumbo size, are available. You need to determine how much food you need to cook everyday using this and pick out the ideal size according to that.
- Shape: These electric skillets are available in different shapes. Two of the very common being the round and the square shape. The round shape tends to offer a larger depth and a square shape tends to offer a greater pan area. Depending upon your food and shape preferences, you must go for the one which best suits you.
- Temperature: You need to check for the electric skillet as to how much temperature does it reaches on heating. Ideally, experts recommend going for the one which reaches at least 450 degrees F. Some of the electric skillets reach up to 400 degrees F but they are not ideal for deep fry cooking. Try to go for 450 to extend the flexibility of cooking.
- Cooking methods: Electric skillets come with the settings of different cooking modes. When you are buying one, you must look for what kinds of cooking methods it is offering. Try to go for the one which offers more areas. Normal skillets are used for stir-frying, deep-frying or sautéing. Whereas many other may also offer extra options such as grilling or baking.
- Pan material: Pans for the electric skillet are available in two materials. The most common being the aluminium pan with a non-stick coating. However, if you have a larger budget, you can also go for the stainless-steel pans which are available at a higher price. It really depends on your level of comfort.
This buyer’s guide will not only clear any doubt’s but will help you understand all the factors that you need keep in mind while choosing a skillet for your kitchen and, of course best electric skillet reviews will make things super easy, as you just need to compare features of these top 10 skillets only.