As one who loves to relish grilled food, you might be aware that gas grills occupy large spaces and the charcoal grills could appear as a little cumbersome to use. With electric grills that are more compactly designed and can be installed both indoor and outdoor, you will not have to think twice before grilling your favorite hamburgers, sandwiches and meat steaks. With electric grills you will neither have to bother about fire and smoke nor of using wood or any alternate fuel source, all you need is to plug the appliance into a conventional electricity supplying board.
List of Best Electric Grills for Steaks 2018
|Best Electric Grills for Steaks||Reviews||Price|
|#1 George Foreman GGR50B||Read Review||Check Price|
|#2 Char-Broil TRU-Infrared||Read Review||Check Price|
|#3 Cuisinart CEG-980T||Read Review||Check Price|
|#4 Weber Q 2400||Read Review||Check Price|
|#5 Easy Street Electric Cart||Read Review||Check Price|
Once you’ve made up your mind on purchasing an electric grill, you may need to compare a few features that will enable you to make the appropriate choice. These aspects include:
– The type of grill, i.e. whether you need a portable or a stationary one
– What shape and construction would suit your requirement the best? Some e-grills have an open simple design with a tall lid, while others may feature an optional grilling gate with lid liners that facilitate frying the food from both sides and speed up the cooking process
– The capacity of your grill refers to the cooking surface. With a larger cooking surface, you will be able to roll out more batches of steaks at a time. Depending on your family size, you can decide on the capacity you would require.
– Convenience of your grill depends on its portability, packaged with a cooking surface that facilitates non-sticky cooking, enables easy clean up and comes with a drip tray etc.
Top 5 Best Electric Grills for Steaks (Reviews)
We have listed 5 top-rated electric grills for you in this guide to enable you with options for making the perfect pick that suits your requirement and preference.
This electric grill from George Foreman can serve you a platter full of your favorite grills with the convenience of being used indoor as well as outdoor. The model features a 240 sq.in non-stick cooking surface area that can be placed on your kitchen countertop or used for entertaining friends and family for hosting a barbeque party in your backyard. The appliance comes with removable grill stand that can be secured on the patio. As the brand name suggests, the George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill can treat up to 15 people. This e-grill features a sloped surface facilitating removal of excess fat from the food being grilled. The variable temperature controls enable cooking control and the non-stick cooking area make clean-ups easy.
- This product from George Foreman can churn out delightful meals with its circular grilling surface.
- The non-stick coating is not only durable and easy to clean but also eliminates the use of extra oil and butter for cooking.
- The grill comes with removable stands allowing you to use it outdoors with its stand when camping as well as indoors by simply removing the stand to transfer it on your kitchen countertop.
- The adjustable temperature controls enables choosing from five different heat settings as desired.
- Dimensions:20.5×22.2×13 inches
- Cooking area: 240 sq.in
- Weight: 21 lbs.
- Includes the Cover, Drip Tray, Power cord, Stand/pedestal and an Instruction Manual.
- Material: Metal, Plastic
- Color: Silver
- Surface: Non-stick
Pricing: The George Foreman 15-Serving Indoor/Outdoor Electric Grill is available at a reasonable price.
- The product facilitates grilling healthy food as the non-stick surface allows for cooking with minimum grease
- You can safely use this model of e-grill inside your apartment as it does not use charcoal, propane and will not pose risks of flaring up.
- The preheating time of about 10 mins is much lower than setting up a charcoal grill to start cooking
- With its pedestal, the sturdy electric grill stands at height of 2 ½ feet can be used for cooking comfortably
- Reasonably priced
- Some users report a little difficulty in cleaning the grill surface
- If not pre-heated well, the food may take longer to cook than estimated
- The lid is prone to warping and denting if not handled with care
- Though it’s available at an affordable price, construction quality is slightly of an inferior grade as compared to its prototypes available in the market
The Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill looks as attractive as conveniently as it cooks some lip-smacking food to serve your family and guests with. This compact electric grill comes handy and features the TRU-Infrared system that allows for juicy grilling as it retains the flavor of the food intact. With the Patio Bistro Electric Grill, you will not have to worry about any incidence of flare-ups. The lid mounted temperature probe facilitates easy temperature monitoring. The grill remarkably glides with its two back wheels enabling mobility. The porcelain coated cooking-grates allow for cleaning effortlessly. With this model you can place wooden chips in the grill to give your food a smoky effect.
- Primary cooking area: 240 sq. in
- Power: 1750 watts
- Output: 110 Volt
- Equipped with wheels for mobility
- Comes with a standard warming rack
- The lid mounted temperature gauge helps in keeping track of the pre-heating status as well as monitor the grilling temperature
- Infrared Cooking System
Pricing: Char-Broil TRU-Infrared Patio Bistro Electric Grill can be purchased at a very reasonable price.
- The built of this model is solid with a commendable quality construct.
- The food cooks evenly with desirable and quick heating. The heat output is quite efficient for an electric grill.
- The compact size of the electric grill model makes it convenient to be placed anywhere
- The porcelain surface allows swift cleaning which is on par with most other models available in this price range
- The full height of the electric grill makes cooking easy, whether you stand or sit around to check the food searing away in the grill
- The special grate placed inside protects the heating element and reduces any flare-up risks.
- The lightweight construction of the grill makes it a little flimsy
- Though portable, the porcelain grill could be easily damaged, so may not be great for transferring across places frequently.
- It is not exactly a full size grill as it is a relatively smaller unit than many available in the market and is suited to serving around 1-4 people
- The product requires assembling and it could be slightly time consuming. However, using the user manual could help in the process.
- Though the heat generated is high, but does not give the same searing effect as the gas or charcoal grill.
- The grill does not serve the infrared purpose though is labelled as one.
The Cuisinart CEG-980T Outdoor Electric Tabletop Grill is handy and portable model that provides authentic grilling. You can enjoy the real flavors of your steaks and kebabs on your table-top with this compact griller neatly rested on a folding table base. The grill grate of this electric grill comes with a porcelain enamel coating and provides a great cooking space, big enough to grill around 8-10 servings. The grilling element heats fast, enabling quick searing within minutes. You can easily store this grill as the model comes with folding legs and conveniently use your Cuisinart CEG-980T Outdoor Electric Tabletop Grill out-of-doors as it is UL approved for using outdoor. Use it with equal ease anywhere, whether in balconies, small patios, at camping sites or for standard household cooking.
- The Cuisinart CEG-980T Outdoor Electric Tabletop Grill makes for a portable model due to its lightweight
- It can cook up to eight steaks, six to ten chicken breasts, and nearly four pounds of fish.
- Can be plugged into any standard electric outlet
- Equipped with a stainless steel heat reflector build into the lid
- Comes with a 120 BTU burner
- The grate material is porcelain coated giving the grill a better finish
- Grill surface/capacity: 145 sq. in.
- Grill grate: Porcelain enamel coated
- Spill resistant drip tray
- Lid latch
- Power: 1500 watts
- Volt: 120V
- Type: Electric Grill
- Make: Stainless
- Overall Materials used: Stainless steel/aluminum/steel/plastic
- Dimensions (length x width x height):17.6 in x 18 in x 11.8 in
- Folding table base
Pricing: The Cuisinart CEG-980T Outdoor Electric Tabletop Grillis available at an affordable price.
- Compact and lightweight, can be easily carried anywhere
- Reasonably priced as compared to other brands providing similar cooking area
- Easy to use controls
- Quick heating within 5 minutes enables faster cooking
- The stainless steel heat reflector in the lid provides for an extra layer that acts as an insulator. This facilitates in trapping the heat inside the grill and also reflects the rising heat back to the surfaces on the top. With this feature you can be assured that your cooking time will reduce, thereby saving electricity as well.
- The model’s design makes for easy storage and the aluminum legs secures the grill’s footing on the table top.
- Users complain that the metal on the lid is a little flimsy
- The grease tray is relatively small
- Assembling the parts before use could be a challenge.
If you are looking for that perfect grilling appliance to plate up some toasty and crispy delicacies, the Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill can make your summer barbeques a straightaway hit. This model is a rendition of Weber’s previous make Weber Q 240 and offers great performance ensuring grilling with maximum flavor retention. The sleek build of the new model adds to the grill’s aesthetics to suit your modern kitchen countertop. The ergonomically designed large handles enable better gripping and you can safely sear chops, burgers, steaks as well as vegetables and fruits on the grates. The porcelain enameled cast iron grates allow for effective non-sticky cooking and easy cleaning.
- Dimensions: 25” x 31.5” x 26” (length x width x height)
- Total cooking surface: 280 sq. in
- Weight: 43.5 lbs.
- Power: 1560 watts
- Volt: 120
- Infinite heat controls
- Color: Grey
- The electric grill is porcelain-enameled and comes with cast-iron cooking grates
- The body and the lid are built of cast aluminum
- Comes with a removable grease tray/pan
- This model is equipped with infinite heat control settings
- Comes with a 6-ft grounded cord enabling convenient plugging
- The grill is fitted with aluminum heat retention liners
- You can cherish the real grill marks and with some woodchips onto the grilling grates you can enjoy a smoky flavor to be infused into your grill grub.
Pricing: The Weber 55020001 Q 2400 Electric Grill can be purchased at affordable price, considering the quality & features.
- Weber’s electric grill is compact and easily portable
- The cooking grates conduct heat evenly across the entire cooking base for uniform grilling
- The heat retention lines prevent the heat from escaping easily, thus allowing for faster cooking and less electricity consumption.
- The style reflects the brand’s craftsmanship
- Durable and sturdy owing to its construct
- You can easily clean the grilling gate, once it cools down and wipe it with a moist cloth and soapy water.
- The drip pan is extremely efficient and can easily dispose excess grease accumulated over an entire grilling session.
- The product is relatively overpriced
- Assembling the product may require additional time and effort
- While the available cooking space can feed a family of four, it is a little small to several other models in the same price range.
- Lacks a built-in thermometer, thus making it difficult delivering precise results
- Better abled for outdoor cooking
The Easy Street Electric Cart Grill is a smart electric grill with its foldable, wooden side-tables that can easily be placed anywhere outside the house such as in the patio or balcony. The grill has three heating positions that enable: a) traditional grilling, b) creating versatile temperature zone for uniform cooking on both sides and c) rotisserie cooking where it converts to a complete vertical position. The detachable drip pan eliminates any extra grease. The heat-resistant handles ensure safety while cooking so that you will not need to worry while checking on your food.
- The Easy Street Electric Cart Grill is enabled with a variable thermostat control
- Provides for a large grilling surface area of 200 sq. in
- The grill appliance is equipped with three position heating elements i.e. for the sears, the even heat zone and warm zone and the rotisserie zone.
- The e-grill is best suited for indoor use, and can be used for camping and RVs as well. All you need is a standard electric outlet to safely plug in your grill.
- The high temperature resistant glass enables monitoring the food being cooked inside the grill
- The easily removable grease cup allows for draining excess fat and oil
- Primary cooking space: 200 sq. in
- Weight: 35.5 lbs.
- Power: 1500 Watts
- Color: Black
- Cord length: 8 ft.
- Grill grate/ surface material: Porcelain coated steel
- With grill wheels
- Rotisserie attachment: 22” (cold separately)
- Free standing cart style
Pricing: The Easy Street Electric Cart Grill is available in the market at very reasonable price, specially when the features are so good.
- This model from Easy Street is a perfect choice for outdoor grilling with its portability
- You can char your food the way a charcoal grill does on this grate that leave the red toasty sear marks on your food
- The rotisserie attachment that provides for rotisserie cooking process ensures to toss up some tender and juicy grills
- This e-grill provides for a large surface area enabling you to cook for nearly 10 people at a time.
- With charcoal and propane prices escalating, this electric grill will certainly serve as a convenient and affordable alternative.
- The drip pan catches the excess greasy drippings from the grill and is simple to clean-up.
- If you are looking out for authentic flavors, this could disappoint you slightly as the electric grill cannot completely substitute for the taste and aroma of charcoal and propane grills
- Assembling the grill parts could be time consuming and you may require professional help in setting up the grill.
- The wide-spread design may occupy too much space indoors, making it more suitable for outdoor use.
The entire above listed electric grill models are best-rated and unique in their design, construct and features. You can make your preferred choice depending on your requirement and cooking style. After all not everyone may have the same budget or space for large outdoor grills, and these indoor options that can dual up for both indoor and outdoor use can turn your simple food into healthy and fun meals. Enjoy your burgers, steaks and a variety of dishes right on your countertops with enhanced convenience as well as time and energy saving cooking.