The summer season is knocking at our doorsteps and we all love to have some outdoor fun with our family and friends during the evening or in the sun. All you have to do is crack open cans of cold beverages and start grilling to start a summer fun party. If you require an electric griddle that can help you host summer soirees along with family and friends then here is your guide to buying top 5 electric griddles that are remarkable.
- Best Electric Griddles for Home
- Top 5 Best Home Electric Griddles 2019
Best Electric Griddles for Home
|Electric Griddle Models||Reviews||Price|
|#1. Presto 07061 Electric Griddle||Read Review||Check Price|
|#2. Broil King PCG-10 Portable Griddle||Read Review||Check Price|
|#3. Black & Decker GD2011B Electric Griddle||Read Review||Check Price|
|#4. Oster Dura-Ceramic Reversible Griddle||Read Review||Check Price|
|#5. Presto 07211 Liddle Griddle||Read Review||Check Price|
A good electric griddle needs to have some features that make it the best like a non-stick cooking surface with a non-stick coating which should be durable. The surface area should be large enough to cook for a large number of people and the accessories of the griddle should be dishwasher safe for easy cleaning.
The removable and dishwasher safe drip tray should be present for better hygiene and stress-free cleaning. The quality of the electric griddle impacts directly on the taste of food cooked on it and the simpler the design of the griddle, the longer is its life as the maintenance is easy. The cost of operating an electric griddle is low as it relies on electricity, which is a cheaper source of cooking. If you love cooking food, then an electric griddle is a must have as they are compact in size and are easy to use both indoors and outdoors.
Various Types of Electric Griddles:
There are three types of electric griddles available in different designs and styles. You can choose the one that is most suitable for the type of cooking you desire.
- Griddle: It is a traditional electric griddle that has a smooth and flat surface and it is larger than your kitchen pans and helps you cook numerous items at the same time. The heating is uniform across the surface and helps in cooking in an easier manner.
- Griddle and grill combo: With this type of griddle you will have a grill insert that will provide you with more cooking options and you can grill as well as cook on these griddles. It helps in cooking various kinds of foods like burgers, hot dogs, steaks and other items. These grill inserts have ridges that leave grill marks on the traditional grill.
- Multi-purpose griddles: As the name suggests, these griddles have several functions besides grill and griddle combo. They work as Panini press or a closed grill and they have plates that can be interchanged and offer different variations in cooking.
Benefits of Electric Griddle:
Electric griddles are must-have appliances in a modern kitchen and there are several benefits associated with it. Here are few benefits of the griddle due to which it is a favorite of several individuals:
- Large surface area: griddles have a larger surface area than the regular pots and pans. With a larger surface area, there is an option for cooking numerous foods at the same time on one appliance. In this way, you will not have to dirty many pans at the same time.
- Surface area is flat: tossing and turning of the food are much easier with the completely flat surface and the spatula can be used freely to flip foods.
- Heating is uniform: The heat spreads on the griddle in a uniform manner on the electric griddle so the entire process of cooking becomes easier and quicker. The temperature control and adjustment are also easier in the electric griddles.
- Healthier meals: The meals you cook are healthier as the non-stick surface uses less or no oil for cooking. The extra grease in the food gets extracted and trickles off the food to provide you with healthy and tasty food.
- Food stays warm: some variations of the griddle have an extra space underneath that keeps the food warm while you are using the griddle to cook foods that the food you have already cooked does not get cold while you are cooking more food.
- Easy to clean up: cooking on the electric griddle does not mean a hefty process of cleaning as even after you cook a large number of meals you can clean the griddle in an easy manner. The non-stick surface of the griddle does not let the food stick on the griddle and it can be easily cleaned with a damp rag or sponge.
Features to look for in the electric griddle:
Electric griddles are manufactured in numerous styles and designs and you need to carefully check the features, prices, and sizes of each one and compare before buying yours.
Here are the basic features of electric griddles to look-out for:
- Size: Electric griddles are available in both small and large sizes and while small griddles can cook food for about 2-3 people, larger ones can help cook food for a large group or family. So depending on the size of your party, you can choose the right size of the griddle.
- Surface coating: Electric griddles come with a non-stick coating that does not let the food stick to the surface. The coating of the surface should be high in quality and griddles without non-stick coating are a big no-no.
- Grill inserts: Electric griddles with grill combo have grill inserts that have ridges to make grill marks on the food. If you want your food to look amazing with grill marks then you can opt for griddles with grill inserts.
- Temperature control: Most of the griddles have a temperature control dial for low, medium and high for maintaining the temperature while cooking food. Buying the one with three types of temperature control can help you cook food in a better manner.
- Drip tray: Electric griddles have drip trays so that extra fat and grease drips off into them and you get a healthier meal with the disposal of extra grease.
- Warming tray: Numerous electric griddles have warming trays that are very handy to keep the already cooked food while you are cooking the rest of the food.
- Easy cleaning: Most of the electric griddles have a non-stick surface that makes it easy to clean after cooking.
Top 5 Best Home Electric Griddles 2019
Here are top 5 best electric griddles for homes:
This electric griddle is extra-large in size and can cook food for an entire family. It has detachable handles which help to store it in a compact manner. It has a non-stick surface that is high in quality and the heat is disbursed more evenly on the surface of the griddle. The surface of the griddle is flat for even cooking and the food is cooked with great ease.
Features of the griddle:
- Surface area: 264 square inches
- Ceramic coated non-stick surface
- Heats up to 350 degrees
- The surface is removable and can be washed in a dishwasher
- Material: Metal and plastic
- Control master heat control to maintain temperature automatically
- After removing handles, the base can be stored in 18 inches wide cabinets
- Extra-large in size to cook food for large groups
- Premium textured cooking surface with high-quality non-stick coating
- Automatic control of cooking temperature
- Heavy cast aluminum base
- Slide out drip tray for easy cleaning
- The griddle can be completely immersed after removing the heat control
- With rough and long term use warping occurs in the center of the griddle.
- Sometimes the heat does not reach 350 degrees if not pre-heated
- The cooking surface may heat unevenly sometimes
Broil King electric griddle is one of best griddles in the market due to its absolute weight and size and you will require enough room for this large unit. This griddle comes with stainless steel handles and a splatter guard that protects the user from splashes and creates a lesser mess. The grease tray of this griddle is also quite large so that all the extra grease is drained with ease. The surface area is large enough to cook food for a large group of people and saves you from the hassle of using several pans.
- Removable backsplash
- Environment-friendly non-stick coating
- Heat control up to 400-425 degrees
- Rear legs for better grease run-off
- Removable grease tray
- Surface dimensions: 21 inchesx12 inches
- 2 years warranty
- Cool touch stainless steel handles
- Healthier food with the tilted cooking surface to drain out grease
- Fully submersible model after separating heat control
- The thick cooking surface in heavy cast aluminum
- Even distribution of heat across the surface
- High-quality non-stick coating
- Large size to cook for a large family
- Difficult to store due to the large size
- Time taken to preheat is longer
- Sometimes there are hot and cold spots on the surface due to temperature fluctuations.
Black & Decker family-sized electric griddles provide quick and even heating with different temperature controls. There is a built-in warming tray that keeps your food warm even after cooking. The surface area of the griddle is crafted out of non-stick material that is high in quality and the drip tray is slide-out one for easy cleanup. The griddle is quite large in surface area with 200 square inches so that you can cook loads of food at one time for all your guests. There are light indicators to let you know when the griddle is ready for cooking.
- Extra-large cooking area 10 inches x 20 inches
- Non-stick coating on the cooking area
- Click and lock thermostat for adjusting the temperature
- Dishwasher safe after removing the probe
- Easy to clean
- Removable drip tray
- Cool touch handles
- Warming tray
- Preheats quickly and uniformly
- Light indicators to indicate the griddle is ready
- The thermostat helps you achieve the desired temperature
- Weight is only 5.2 pounds making it easy to store
- Grease channel is well-designed
- Dishwasher safe
- Base heats up
- You may need an extension cord
- The drip cup does not snap in place easily
This reversible grill and griddle combo has a patented Dura Ceramic non-stick coating that is long-lasting than other non-stick coatings and does not peel or flake. With this griddle, you will get exceptional performance and high durability. The ceramic coating is completely safe to use and is free of PFOA and PTFE. The surface area of the griddle is 10inchesX18 inches and the food cooks about 20 percent faster. It is easy to clean and has a removable and adjustable temperature control so that you can get amazing results when cooking different types of foods.
- Non-stick ceramic coating on the surface area which is anti-peel or anti-flake
- Griddle and grill is reversible
- Drip tray collects extra grease and fat
- Weight 7 lbs.
- Embedded heating element
- Dishwasher safe cooking plate, base, and drip tray
- Cool-touch handles
- Temperature can be adjusted with a control knob
- Heating controls heat up to 450 degrees
- Light and easy to move
- Easy to clean
- Ceramic non-stick coating makes it completely toxin free
- Plate heats up faster and the food is cooked quickly
- All types of food items can be cooked with ease
- Cooking surface is wide enough to cook food for the family
- The surface heats up evenly and perfectly
- The surface is eco-friendly and safe to cook
- Takes time to heat up in the beginning
- Meats like skillet are difficult to cook
- Prices are high as compared to other electric griddles
If you are looking for a compact griddle that is portable and great to cook for two or three people. The design of the griddle is slim and the surface area for cooking is 8.5 inches X 10.5 inches. The griddle is made of cast aluminum and is easier to clean and is an excellent appliance to add to your kitchen. The cooking surface heats evenly and the excess grease collects at one end as it has a slight slope. The griddle can be immersed in water or can be placed in the dishwasher after removing the heat control. The temperature of the griddle can be increased to 400 degrees and food can also be kept warm at low temperatures. Owing to its lightweight of 4 lbs. the griddle is portable and handy.
- Weight is 4 lbs and the cooking surface is 8.5X10.5 inches
- Coated with non-stick finish with slight texture
- Very little oil or butter is required to cook food
- Drip tray catches extra drippings
- Temperature can be maintained from warm to 400 degrees
- Made of cast aluminum that distributes heat evenly
- Accurate temperature control with even heating
- Compact size that can be stored easily or can be carried
- Channel to collect extra grease so that you get healthier food
- Fully submersible in water
- Non-stick coating may wear off if put in dishwasher numerous times
- Warranty is only for one year
Once you have made up your mind about buying an electric griddle for home, all you have to do is select the one that is suitable as per your culinary style and provides you with the ultimate experience in cooking, cleaning and storing.